this is where i enter text

20080213

5wh(o)?

who what where when why how

in terms of who we are as people, perhaps these basic questions can inform us more than we originally realize.

Specifically, which question do you ask more often? Which question do you NEED to know the answer to? Which one is your nemesis?

For example, I'm a why person. I like to know why people do all of the things they do. Not the big things like god and spirituality and science and all of that (although those are all very interesting in their own right) but why someone would chose to look the way they do or act the way the do or take with them what they do. Or even if they don't have a reason, I'd like to know that. I like to know why certain things are required of me and others not. If I can't work out the why, I likely won't do the what with who where when or how I'm supposed to. Like showing up on time for work. I can't figure out why I would want to do that.

The question that constantly trips me up is "when." I don't really like to be places when other people like me to be there. I'm too contrary for that. I like to show up when I'm done with what I wanted to do beforehand. Or I like to show up really early and take 'er easy. Or try to show up really early and actually show up right on time. (As an aside, I feel like I should start a lyrics site of my own, featuring lyrics to shit that I like and like to reference. I could get rid of advertisements and ensure accuracy. I hate searching for lyrics.) I don't know... when never seemed vital to me. Maybe that'll change some day, maybe it won't.

Who never seems to trip me up, even when it, by all rights, should. I don't tend to get caught up trying to figure out how to do things or have any difficulty when "what" is communicated to me. O get lost sometimes, but that's more a function of not caring if I'm on time than it is actually not knowing where I am. (With the first pike meeting of 2008 as a glaring exception to this. Last time I trust that driver to know how to get somewhere.)

1 comment:

-89 said...

If you don't worry about where and when, why should 'that driver'? Esp. since he isn't who he used to be as far as why people were where they were when you were trying to get where they were.

Besides, I thought you were trying to get to Brooklyn. Which, if I recall correctly, is only 15 minutes from downtown Philly.

me

"He's just this guy, you know?"